- Get Rid of Gunk and Bad Breath: Whether you are trying to clear out the white, coated layer on your tongue or maintain better oral hygiene, this effective tongue scraper has got you covered. Not just that, immediate benefits of scraping your tongue with this device include fresh breath for improved confidence and better overall health
- 100% Stainless Steel Ensures Improved Taste: This gentle, 100% medical grade tool can keep you plaque free, spruce up your taste buds and help you enjoy every last bite. The sturdy, non-toxic material is not naturally susceptible to rust or mold, making it super durable and easy to clean – just throw it in a dishwasher or opt for gentle hand wash
- Ergonomic Design for Ease of Use: The ‘U’ shaped curve is flexible enough to twist and turn, scraping all the corners of your tongue. This personal care essential has been designed by over 50 global professionals to be ultra-smooth and easy to use, for a perfect hygiene formula. It has two non-synthetic handles for good grip and an anti-gagging ridge for back-of-the-mouth cleaning, for a great orthodontic gift
- Travel-friendly and Better than Plastic: The 2 piece kit has individual cases, making it easy to carry around. You can just stash one at home and another at work. It is a comfortable size for adults (men or women), kids and pets. The high quality stainless steel can be sterilized without any hassle and won’t break, unlike cheap plastic alternatives, making this a great self care product
- Loved by Customers All Over: MasterMedi is a highly regarded brand in dental hygiene. Our products are backed by incredible customer support for guaranteed satisfaction. If for any reason you don’t love our tongue cleaner, return them within 30 days – no questions asked. We love to hear your feedback and aim to resolve any issues in a jiffy
The ancient Ayurvedic recommendation of tongue scraping is one that is often overlooked. There are many benefits to this daily practice as far as oral health, and overall physical, mental, and spiritual health. Since the oral cavity is one of the main gateways between your mind/body and the environment, maintaining the health of this connection is critical to general well-being.
Scraping the tongue daily removes any build-up on the tongue, which, if left untreated, can lead to bad breath and may house a significant number of bad oral hygiene. This simple practice is a direct way of removing Ama from your physiology. In Ayurveda, Ama refers to any accumulation of toxic residue in the mind-body. This can result from improper eating, poor digestion, or a reflection of an imbalance somewhere in the gastrointestinal system.
In addition, from an Ayurvedic perspective, by removing this coating you improve your ability to taste your food, which makes it more satisfying. By increasing your taste reception, not only do you eat less, you also eliminate the need to add more sugar, salt, or excessive spice to the food to make it more flavorful. Many of the beneficial phytonutrients and “body signals” that your food contains are first interpreted by the mind-body upon contact with receptors on the tongue. You want to improve this communication between your food and your body by removing any coating that is interfering with that connection. Also, many herbs have their beneficial effects from the initial contact with receptors on the tongue. Hence, you need a clear tongue to receive this healthy information.
How is tongue scraping beneficial?
Debris, and dead cells can build up on your tongue over time. This can lead to bad breath and have a negative impact on your overall oral health.
Using a tongue scraper can help remove this buildup, as well as:
- Improve your sense of taste
- Improve the appearance of your tongue
- Improve overall health
- Reduce bad breath
To perform tongue scraping, follow these steps:
Stand in front of a mirror, open your mouth, and stick out your tongue.
- Gently set the rounded end of the tongue scraper at the back of your tongue.
- If you’re worried about gagging, you may find it helpful to start at the middle of your tongue. You can gradually start from farther back as you get used to scraping.
- Gently touch the scraper to your tongue. Slowly pull it forward, toward the tip of your tongue. You should never push the scraper from the tip of your tongue back.
- After each scrape, use a washcloth or tissue to remove debris from the scraper.
- Repeat until you’ve scraped the entire surface of your tongue. One to two scrapes across the same area is usually enough.
- Wash the tongue scraper with warm water and soap, dry, and store in a clean, dry area.